- Reading Fox’s Book of Martyrs today, I found myself weeping and sort of pleading with Jesus, “They weren’t alone, were they? My brothers and sisters, tell me you comforted them and you never left them! Tell me they knew you were with them!” And in my heart, I know that they saw Jesus and knew Love. This book has reminded me that t even NOW, our brothers and sisters across the world suffer greatly for the name of Christ — Holy Spirit, grant them courage to face their enemies!! Grant them peace!
- Listening a lot to Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle. It has renewed my desire to feast on the Bible — good teaching is so priceless!
- Jones has been coloring like a little mad man lately. Seriously. He colored for two hours straight on Sunday and has been asking for his crayons and paper first thing in the morning — before even breakfast! He seems to gravitate toward the colors purple and blue, and toward drawing big circles and swirls. This could be due to the fact that on our international flight, we spent a great deal of time with him on my lap, handing me colors and pointing to the place on a piece of paper where he desired that I draw a swirl. WOW, am I glad I don’t have to make that flight again for a while!
- Enjoying new freedom in life. Sometimes I simply can’t believe the yokes I’ve carried on my own until Christ relieves me and I feel their missing weight. Jesus.. thank you! You’re name alone makes me so thankful!
- We’re trying a new chili recipe tonight, recommended to us by some friends. It’s called “The best chili you will have ever tasted,” and has a cup of strong coffee, a can of dark beer, and a tablespoon of cocoa among its listed ingredients. (Whaaaaa??!) My hubs is making it today while I’m out studying. We’ll let you know if it lives up to its name!
- I love my hubs. Enough said. 🙂